Assessment regarding the total outcomes of academic and intellectual activities of pupils
Successes of academic and cognitive task for the pupils are seen as an quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the assessment.
Assessment of knowledge – definitions and expressions in conditional devices (points), along with in evaluative judgments for the teacher of real information, skills and abilities of students according to what’s needed of this curriculum.
Definition of requirements for evaluating the total outcomes of intellectual activity of pupils
In modern pedagogy of senior high school you will find different ways to this is of requirements for evaluating the total outcomes of cognitive task of pupils. Some researchers propose for the thing of evaluation to use the structural aspects of academic activities, specifically:
- Content component – the total amount of information about the item of research (relative to curricula, state standards). Whenever assessing the following characteristics of real information to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, understanding (understanding, the difference between the primary as well as the additional); verbalization, that is verbalization (translation, explanation); power to apply knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the capability regarding the pupil to find the methods for action with regards to the curriculum regarding the evaluated discipline (substantive actions); specific psychological faculties, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (psychological actions); skills to evaluate, plan, organize, control the method additionally the results of the job, basic activity (general academic actions). The analysis, plus the correctness, liberty of this performance when it comes to novelty ( by the model, similar, relatively brand new), may also be to be analyzed. understanding and design that is verbal reproduction (translation), explanation, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Emotional and motivational component – attitude to examine (indifferent, not sufficient positive, interested, expressive, positive).
These traits may be taken as a foundation for determining the degree of educational achievement, general customwriting criteria because of their assessment and relevant assessments (in points).
Other requirements for assessment pupil’s success
The criteria for assessment may additionally be:
- character of assimilation of already known knowledge (degree of awareness, durability of memory, volume, completeness and precision of knowledge);
- the standard of knowledge discovered by the pupil, the logic of reasoning, the argumentation, the series and self-reliance of the presentation, the culture of speech;
- level of mastering currently understood types of activity, skills and skills of application associated with obtained knowledge in training;
- perfecting the feeling of imaginative task;
- quality associated with work (external design, the speed of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some teachers look at the amount of knowledge to function as the criterion that is main assessment:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously perceived, fixed in memory and reproducible objective information regarding topics of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested into the willingness and cap ability regarding the pupil to put on them in comparable, standard or variational conditions);
- creative (students can effectively use knowledge and assimilated means of acting in non-typical situations).
Today, numerous educators are developing their very own way of assessing students’ knowledge, skills and abilities. Into the viewpoint of a few of them, the assessment should be in line with the content and amount of mistakes produced by the student. They argue their point of view that in a few sports a performance without errors and shortcomings is approximated because of the number that is maximum of, and for the errors which can be made, the rating is reduced (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Continuing from such recommendations, some scholars contemplate it expedient to just take evaluation that is certain and defects in dental responses and written works well with the assessment criterion. It’s important to elaborate norms of assessments, this is certainly, to look for the wide range of errors and defects that correspond to a specific assessment. Requirements and norms of assessments must certanly be developed for every single discipline that is academic consequently, the necessity for any universal, generalized evaluation requirements disappears.